Portion 62 of Farm 195 Residential Development, George
(DEADP Reference – 16/3/3/1/D2/19/0022/19)
HilLand Environmental, independent Environmental Assessment Practitioners (EAPs) have been appointed by the applicant, Keith Lewer Allen Trust, represented by Mr Mike Smith, to ensure compliance with the regulations contained in the National Environmental Management Act (NEMA, No 107 of 1998) and the Environmental Impact Assessment Regulations, 2014 (as amended) for the proposed residential development on Portion 62 of Kraaibosch Farm 195, George.
A residential development is proposed, which constitutes of the following:
- 43 Residential Zone II erven of approximately 1 000 square metres;
- 54 Residential Zone II erven of approximately 500 square metres;
- 5 General Residential Zone III erven for town housing;
- 6 Internal Open Space Zone II erven, which will be landscaped and utilised for recreational activities for residents;
- Club- and gatehouse erven with a footprint of approximately 1 000 square metres each to cover security and homeowners’ facilities;
- Internal roads (Transport Zone III);
- Associated infrastructure such as stormwater outlets, sewer line and sewage pump stations within utility erven (located within the proposed utility sites and the access tracks required by the municipality for maintenance purposes at the pump stations).
The remainder of the property (the steeper slopes and valleys) will be zoned Open Space II. This will be retained for rehabilitation to Afrotemperate Forest.
The proposed development footprint will, therefore, cover approximately 43 % of the property. Approximately 57 % of the property will be open space areas located outside of the development footprint, which will be conserved and rehabilitated back to natural indigenous forest vegetation.
In terms of Section 24O (2) and (3) of NEMA you are hereby advised that you have 30 days, from 01 November 2019, to submit any comments. Please provide us with your comments/concerns relating to the proposed activity during the time frame (01 November 2019 – 02 December 2019) in written format via post, email or fax. Please note that you need to declare your interest in the above matter. Should you have no comments, please send us an email indicating as such.
(To download images, please select the link to open, then right click and select “Save As”)